2016-12-07 Catechism Quiz
1. Write the Seventh Commandment.
You shall not steal.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God that we do not take our neighbor’s money or property, or get it by dishonest dealing, but help him to improve and protect his property and means of income.
2. Passage – What is God protecting in the Seventh Commandment?
James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
3. How does God want us to use our possessions (do not answer with an adverb)?
a. God wants us to use our possessions to provide for our families
b. God wants us to use our possessions to give or to lent to those in need.
c. God wants us to use our possessions to pay the taxes we owe to the government.
d. God want us to use our possessions to give offerings to his church.
4. What does God forbid regarding his gift of possessions?
a. Waste possessions.
b. Take others’ possessions by force (robbery)
c. Take others’ possessions secretly (theft)
d. Get others’ possessions by dishonest dealing (fraud)
e. Have greed thoughts about the possessions of others
f. Passage – Luke 12:15: Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
5. According to the Seventh Commandment, what does God want us to do?
a. He wants us to be content with what God gives us.
b. He wants us to help our employer with his money and property by faithful work
c. He wants us to be as concerned about helping others with their money and property as we are about our own.
6. Were you in church this last Sunday? If so, where? If not, why not? Did you attend Footsteps or a Bible class?