2016-11-30 Catechism Quiz
Remember: You can choose any of the passages for this quiz. More than one passage is, of course extra credit.
1. Write the Sixth Commandment with its meaning.
You shall not commit adultery.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God that we lead a pure and decent life in words and actions, and that husband and wife love and honor each other.
2. What is marriage according to God’s Word?
Marriage is the life-long union of one man and one woman.
Genesis 2:24 – For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
3. Passage – How does a married person sin against God’s will in regard to his gift of marriage?
a. Passage – Colossians 3:19 – Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
b. Cheating on your spouse (having sex with anyone outside of marriage)
c. Divorce for any reason except marital unfaithfulness or desertion.
4. What does God forbid in this commandment for both married and unmarried people?
God forbids impure words and lustful thoughts.
Matthew 5:28 – But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
5. According to the Sixth Commandment, what does God want us to do?
God wants us to be pure and decent in our thoughts, words and actions.
Psalm 51:10 – Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
God want us as husband and wife to love and honor each other.
6. Did you go church this week? If so were? In not, why not? Did you attend Footsteps or a Bible Class?