2016-11-21 TLS Catechism Quiz
1. In what ways is the gospel different from the law?
a. The law is written in our hearts and in the Bible; the gospel is revealed to us only in the Bible.
b. The law teaches us what we have to do and not do; the gospel teaches us what God has done to save us.
c. The law teaches us that we have sinned and deserve eternal punishment; the gospel teaches us about our Savior and the gift of eternal life.
d. The law demands obedience and provides no power to do it; the gospel makes no demands and provides motivation to obey the law.
2. What does God reveal to us in his Word about his characteristics?
a. He is spirit.
b. He is eternal, almighty (omnipotent), all-knowing (omniscient), and present everywhere (omnipresent).
c. He is holy, just, faithful, good, compassionate, gracious, loving, and forgiving.
3. Write the First Article up to “abilities.”
The First Article
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth.
What does this mean?
I believe that God created me and all that exists, and that he gave me my body and soul, eyes, ears and all my members, my mind and all my abilities.
4. What does it mean when a Christian says, “I believe in God”?
a. When a Christian says, “I believe in God,” it means he has learned to know the true God and accepts the Bible as God’s Word.
b. When a Christian says, “I believe in God,” it means he trusts in God and is certain that all God’s promises will be fulfilled.
5. Passage – Why do we confess that God the Father is the “almighty, maker of heaven and earth”?
Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
6. How does my heavenly Father preserve me?
a. By natural means.
b. By miracles.
7. Were you in church this weekend? If so, where? If not, do you intend to go tonight? If not, why not? Did you attend Footsteps or a Bible class?