2016-11-16 Catechism Quiz
1. Write the Fifth Commandment with its meaning.
You shall not murder.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God that we do not hurt or harm our neighbor in his body, but help and befriend him in every bodily need.
2. What is God protecting by the Fifth Commandment?
God is protecting his gift of body and life.
3. Why is the time of a person’s life so important?
Life is so important because it’s the only time someone can come to faith.
When they die they are either saved or lost forever.
Time of Grace
4.What does God forbid regarding his gift of body and life?
a. Over-eating, over-drinking, recreational drug use (harming our bodies in any way)
b. Hurting anyone physically
c. Passage – 1 John 3:15 Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.
d. Hurting anyone emotionally
5. What does God want us to do according to the Fifth Commandment?
He wants us to be patient, kind and forgiving from our heart toward everyone.
He wants us to help and be a friend to everyone in every need.
6. 8th Grade – Write the First Part of Baptism.
First: What is Baptism?
Baptism is not just plain water, but it is water used by God’s command and connected with God’s Word.
Which is that Word of God?
Christ our Lord says in the last chapter of Matthew, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit!”
7. Did you go church this week? If so were? In not, why not? Did you attend Footsteps or a Bible Class?