2016-11-09 Catechism Quiz
1. Write the Fourth Commandment with its meaning.
Honor your father and mother, that it may go well with you
and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God that we do not dishonor or anger our parents and others in authority, but honor, serve and obey them, and give them love and respect.
2. Who are the people whom God wants us to honor?
God wants us to honor those in authority, especially those in our homes, our churches and our government.
3. Passage – How does God want us to honor His representatives?
Ephesians 6:1 – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
He wants us to show them respect at all times.
He wants us to serve and obey them.
4. How does God emphasize that he wants to bless us through his representatives?
He added a promise to the Fourth Commandment.
“That it may go will with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth. Ephesians 6:3
It’s the only commandment with a promise.
5. What does God want his representatives to do with those who sin against this commandment?
God wants his representatives to discipline those who sin against this commandment.
6. When is the only time God does not want us to obey those in authority?
God doesn’t want us to obey those in authority if they tell us to do something contrary to his
Acts 5:29 – We must obey God rather than men!
7. How many times did you go to church this week? Where? Were you in a Bible class this week?