2016-10-12 Public School Catechism Quiz
1. Write the First Commandment (with the What does this mean?)
You shall have no other gods.
What does this mean?
We should fear, love, and trust in God above all things.
2. How do we give glory to God above all things?
a. When we serve and obey God above anything else.
b. When God is more important to us that anything or anyone else.
c. When we rely on God more than money or anyone or anything else to take care of us.
3. According to the First Commandment, how do people sin openly against God’s will?
Whenever something or someone is more important to us that God is, that is idolatry.
When people don’t give equal glory to Jesus as they do the God the Father.
4. Passage – According to the First Commandment, how do people sin secretly against God’s will?
Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.
When we think we know better than God does or follow our own desires instead of his will.
5. How does the First Commandment serve as a mirror for us?
The first commandment shows us that we don’t always put God first. It shows us that we are sinners and that we need a Savior.
6. Were you in church this week? If so, where? If not, why not? Did you attend Footsteps or a Bible class?