2016-10-05 Public School Catechism Quiz
1. Why isn’t our conscience always dependable?
It can become so hardened by sin that it no longer bothers us when we sin.
It might tell us that something is a sin when it’s not.
2. What is the simplest summary of God’s Law?
Love God and love your neighbor.
3. Why does God remind us that our loving Maker and Savior gave us these commandments?
God want us to be willing and glad to obey his commandments.
God is reminding us that his commands are given out of love to benefit us.
Psalm 119:47 – I delight in your commands because I love them.
4. Why is it wrong to think that obeying God’s commandments makes slaves of us and takes all the fun out of life?
God’s commandments show us the way of wisdom, freedom and happiness. It’s breaking them that will take all the fun out of life.
5. What are the three uses of the Law?
a. Mirror: shows us our sins
b. Curb: Keeps us away from evil
c. Guide: Passage – Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
6. Write the books of the Bible from Philippians to Revelation.
Philippians, Colossians, 1st & 2nd Thessalonians, 1st & 2nd Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1st & 2nd Peter, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd John, Jude, Revelation.
7. Were you in church this week? If so, where? If not, why not? Did you attend Footsteps or a Bible class?