2016-09-28 TLS Catechism Quiz
1. Why isn’t our conscience always dependable?
It can become so hardened by sin that it no longer bothers us when we sin.
It might tell us that something is a sin when it’s not.
2. Passage – What was the second way God gave us his law?
John 1:17 – For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
3. What is the simplest summary of God’s Law?
Love God and love your neighbor.
4. Why is it wrong to think that obeying God’s commandments makes slaves of us and takes all the fun out of life?
God’s commandments show us the way of wisdom, freedom and happiness. It’s breaking them that will take all the fun out of life.
5. What are the three uses of the Law?
a. 6th Grade regular answer; 7th & 8th Grades Passage – Mirror, shows us our sins
Deuteronomy 4:24 For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
b. Curb, Keeps us away from evil
c. Guide, Keeps us on the path to pleasing God
6. 6th Grade: Write the books of the Bible from Hosea to Malachi.
7th & 8th Grades: Write the Books of the Bible from Habakkuk to 1st Corinthians.
Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1st & 2nd Corinthians
7. What was chapel about this morning?
8. Were you in church this last Sunday? If so, where? If not, why not? Did you attend Footsteps or a Bible class?