2016 Test Questions
1. The Second Article. (6th & 7th grades up to “is my Lord.”)
2. Why do I believe Jesus Christ is true God?
3. Why do I believe that Jesus Christ is true man?
4. How did God’s Son become true man?
5. What were Old Testament Prophets anointed to do?
6. What did Jesus do as High Priest while he was on earth?
7. What did Christ do as King while he was on earth?
8. Why are we all lost and condemned creatures by nature?
9. What ransom price did God require Christ to pay?
10. Why do we call Christ’s blood precious?
11. What do we mean when we speak of Christ’s humiliation?
12. What do we mean when we speak of Christ’s exaltation?
13. Of what does Christ’s descent into hell assure us?
14. Of what three things does Christ’s resurrection assure us?
15. Of what does Christ’s ascension assure us?
16. When will Christ come to judge the living and the dead?
17. When does God want us to be ready for Christ’s second coming?
18. On what basis will Christ judge all people?
19. Why am I sure that I will be with Christ in heaven?
20. What is my natural spiritual condition?
21. What is impossible for me to do because of my natural spiritual condition?
22. The Third Article (6th & 7th grades up to “in the true faith.”)
23. Who is the Holy Spirit?
24. Why do I say that the Holy Spirit sanctifies me when he brings me to faith in Jesus?
25. What are some of the God’s gifts that the Holy Spirit enlightened me to see by faith?
26. Passage – Why am I able to do good works?
27. 8th grade passage; 6th&7th regular answer: What is my guideline in doing good works?
28. What enemies try to weaken my faith and keep me from doing good works?
29. What is the holy Christian Church?
30. By what means does the Holy Spirit call, gather, enlighten and sanctify the whole Christian Church on
31. Passage – Where, then, is the holy Christian church only to be found?
32. 8th grade passage; 6th&7th regular answer: What does God want us to examine when we test a visible
33. What does God want us to do when we find people who hold to his pure Word?
34. What does God want us to do if people who are not members of our church ask us about our faith?
35. What does God tell us if we find people who persist in mixing something false with God’s Word?
36. On what basis did God declare guilty sinners to be righteous?
37. How many people did God declare righteous?
38. Passage – Why is it important, then, that the Holy Spirit work faith in me?
39. 8th grade passage; 6th&7th regular answer: What happens when a person dies?
40. The First Part of Baptism.
41. How was the Sacrament of Holy Baptism instituted?
42. What does it mean to baptize “in the name of” the triune God?
43. Why do we baptize little children?
44. Why is Baptism able to offer and give such great blessings?
45. Through what does the Holy Spirit do his work in Baptism?
46. What does the Holy Spirit do through the Word of God in Baptism?
47. What, then, does the Word of God make Baptism?
48. How was the Sacrament of the Altar instituted?
49. What does Jesus tell us to do in the Sacrament of Holy Communion?
50. What does Jesus tell us is present with the bread and wine in communion?
51. What blessings does Jesus offer and give us by giving us his body and blood in Holy Communion?
52. Why is Holy Communion able to offer and give such great blessings?
53. Why do we prepare ourselves to receive Holy Communion?
54. Why does Jesus urge us to come to Holy Communion often?
55. How does God want us to use the binding key?
56. What does God want us to say when we confess our sins?
57. When is it helpful to make a private confession to our pastor?
58. When does God want us to confess a sin to a fellow Christian?
59. What is prayer?
60. Where and when may a believer pray?
61. How do we keep God’s name holy?
62. Who tries to prevent us from keeping God’s name holy and letting his kingdom come?
63. What is meant by daily bread?
64. Why does Jesus teach us to ask for bread for only today?
65. What do we mean by sins?
66. What is meant by temptation?
67. Why do we close our prayers with the word “Amen”?