10-01 Assignment – Due October 22
We review chapters 1-5 in the booklet (questions 1-24) today. We balloon bopped the books of the New Testament from Matthew to Colossians and two passages: John 3:16 (from question 19) and John 20:31 (from question 5).
1. The quiz will be a review of questions 1-24 in the book. You have the quizzes we already took, so if you know the answers from those quizzes, you will be fine.
2.There will be five or six questions on the quiz (focus especially on memorizing the books of the New Testament, John 3:16, and John 20:31)
or you can talk to me about either “What’s different about the Bible from any other book?” or “What’s the Difference between the Law and the Gospel.”
So far everybody has chosen to write the test each week. Let me know if you would rather talk than write. If no one wants to talk in lieu of the quiz, I’ll stop putting this into the assignments.
Talking to Pastor
If you choose to talk to me about “What’s different about the Bible from any other book?” you’ll want to talk about:
1. What’s different about the message of the Bible
2. What’s different about the reliability of the Bible
3. What’s different about how the bible was written
If you choose to talk to me about “What’s the Difference between the Law and the Gospel?” you’ll want to tell me:
1. The difference between the Law and the Gospel.
2. Why each one is important.
3. How the Law helps us in our Christian lives. (Mirror, curb and guide)
4. You will need to use at least one passage in your explanation.
Parents! Please review chapters with them. If you don’t study with them, they are likely to forget to study at all.
To study with them, just take their books and read the questions and have them give you the answer. Also recite the passages with them. They can tell you how balloon bop works. It’s a pretty fun way of learning memory work. Reviewing catechism with them is a great way of helping them learn and even starting a spiritual conversation!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or fill in the form here.